Correspondence Course : Study Material & Mock CATs for CAT
Course Material, Mock CATs for CAT (IIMs' Entrance Test) Prepared by IIM Graduates
The CAT correspondence course that 2IIM offers provides comprehensive study material prepared by the alumni of the IIMs and is self explanatory. The course material covers all areas tested in the Common Admission Test (CAT) - viz., Quantitative reasoning, Verbal reasoning, Reading comprehension, Analytical and logical reasoning, and Data Interpretation. The study material has been prepared with extreme care to provide you with the necessary ammunition to face CAT.
Refresher Books in Math, English and Data Interpretation
- 3 Refresher books covering all relevant topics - starting from Number systems, Percentages to Permutation & Combination to Geometry to Functions.
- A total of 27 topics from Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.
- The refresher books contain introduction and explanation on concepts in each topic followed by adequate number of solved examples which cover a wide range of questions that appear from these chapters in CAT.
- Solved examples in the refresher books include questions that are replicas of questions that appeared in previous CATs. Such questions are separately identified for your convenience.
- Solved examples are followed by several exercise problems. These problems are provided with answers and detailed explanatory solutions.
- Shortcuts or alternate methods to solve quant questions are provided alongside the solved examples wherever possible.
- A book of Chapterwise Tests in Math.
- Each test comprises 30 to 60 oft-repeated questions.
- The Speed Tests are to be taken after you complete each chapter.
- The tests have been designed to help you consolidate what you have learnt in the respective topic.
- Speed Tests help you identify ways of solving a question in the quickest possible time, when multiple choices are provided.
- Explanatory answers along with correct answers to each question is provied
- Refresher book on Sentence Correction. Emphasises on how to spot common errors in sentences. Includes Speed Tests on Sentence Correction.
- Refresher book on Sentence Re-arrangement. Includes Exercises and Tests on Sentence Re-arrangement.
- Proficiency test in Sentence Correction.
Reading Comprehension questions have been a regular feature in all CAT tests in the past. The level of difficulty of the passages and the questions that appear in CAT have been getting tougher over past few years. We have redesigned and included a lot of passages to reflect this changing trend in CAT.
- Tips and techniques on attempting RC questions
- Speed Test in Reading Comprehension with over 50 passages and 300 questions from various topics.
- A Refresher book on DI with introduction to various types of questions that typically appear in Data Interpretation - viz. Tables, Pie Charts, Bar Charts, Line Graph ...
- A Refresher book on Data Sufficiency with emphasis on common traps in the DS section.
- The refresher book on DI includes Speed Tests on Data Interpretation (DI).
- The refresher book on DS includes Speed Tests on Data Sufficiency (DS).
- Introduction to standard types of puzzles with detailed discussion on how to approach these.
CAT - Full Length Tests
1. CAT Comprehensive Tests (CCTs)
10 full length CAT Comprehensive Tests with answer keys and detailed explanatory answers.
The online series includes 20 full-length practice CATs. This is broken into two sets of 10 each. Students will be sent an email containing the url, online test id and password for accessing these. Kindly ensure that you give your correct email address when you register online.
- First 10 of these tests are called practice CATs. The id for this set of 10 tests will be emailed by the 15th of April.
- The second set of 10 tests are part of the Mock CAT series. These will be online from 1st of August. The id and password will be the same for both.
Course Structure and Assistance
Our Address and Course Material Despatch Schedule
If you are opting to register offline, then please send your filled up application forms along with the DD to the following address.
2IIM - CAT Preparation
C/o Ascent Education
14B/1, Dr. Thirumurthy Nagar 1st Street
Nungambakkam, Chennai 600 034.
Phone +91 44 4500 8484 or +91 44 3912 4040.
Mobile : +91 99626 48484
The CAT course material will be despatched within 2 working days from the date of receipt of your completed application form with fees.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Please read our detailed Terms and Conditions of Sale of Study Material by clicking on the link given below.